Chavez Bites the Dust

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Tue Jan 9 15:24:37 PST 2001

>A colleague noted the FBI tidbit could only
>have come from the Bushies. They pushed her,
>in no uncertain terms. mbs

Explain? FBI tidbit (I've been reading admissions files instead of surfing the web)... Brad DeLong

I haven't studied the facts meticulously, but this is my understanding:

The FBI interviews neighbors of appointees, as you know, and evidently Linda called a neighbor to ask she keep her trap shut about the 'house guest.' This indicated that she knew there was a problem, and she lied to the FBI. The first was an act of disloyalty to Bush, Inc., the latter a felony.

Since only the Bushies would have access to FBI findings, and the FBI is not likely to have leaked to the press, the news must have come from the WH.

So basically they were threatening her with legal ramifications if she didn't get the hell out of Dodge. Nice, huh?

Anyway, I was impressed. Lenin would have been too.

mbs