Paleo-Cons on Linda Chavez

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Thu Jan 11 08:21:56 PST 2001

So what does all this exposure to fringe right-wing thought do to someone? James Jesus Angleton famously liked to quote Eliot on the subject of counterintelligence - a wilderness of mirrors; suspecting everyone of being a spy made you a bit paranoid. What's the deformation professionelle of the right-sniffer?

Doug

What's the Orson Welles movie (jeesh I should know this my two favorite moves are Citizen Kane and Touch of Evil) where he is in the House of Mirrors (does Roudinesco www.nytimes.com/books/first/r/roudinesco-lacan.html relate a story I heard from an ex-lover that Lacan once when he was in the States when asked who he was said Jean-Paul Sartre!). Lady of Shanghai? A wilderness of mirrors? Yes. An Infinity of Regression, Too. There are times when the paranoia, illogic, lousy evidentiary foundations, misunderstood and half digested presentation of opposing arguments (whether rooted in bad faith or inability to enter into the enemies framework for fear of contamination by the NWO's Mind Control Apparatus [hey biometrics is gonna do more than you, it's gonna take over 'yer brain!], conflation of the Left with Establishment Centrism, all that and more do make me believe that come the coming recession and continued decline in the rustbelt and rural US, we are gonna see more Lone Wolf attacks ala Buford Furrow or Eric Rudolph. I wonder now that the Reno (or Janet Nero, as they call her) and Clinton (Klinton in their style book) Devil is about to be gone, how their rhetorical approach and mobilizing strategy is going to alter. Anyway, I'm getting off the track on answering Doug's question (heh, not that that first paragraph was on the track, or that coherent, written last night under the influence...) about whether immersion in this stuff tweaks the paranoia engine. I guess I have to say it does! Only, my generally ironic and cynical frame of mind leavened with an ability not to take any dogma too seriously saves me.

And Brad, isn't that line about the abyss from Nietzsche? Now wouldn't Freddy have made a great speechwriter for the Apocalypse.

Michael Pugliese