East Asia 1, Silicon Rentiers 0

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Thu Jan 11 13:12:02 PST 2001

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Jonathan Lassen wrote:

> Mitchell Bernard, Robert Stevens, as well as Marty Hart-Landsberg and Paul
> Burkett in "Development, Crisis and Class Struggle: Learning from Japan and
> East Asia."

Paul told me about their book, it hasn't arrived at the university library just yet, can't find refs for the others. Any book titles, articles, websites handy?

> For critiques of actually existing neoliberal capitalism based on concrete
> class struggles, you're going to have to deal with the already-existing
> theorizing of popular groups in the region, such as: the KCTU, the JCP,
> Thailand's Assembly of the Poor, BAYAN in the Philippines, PRD in
> Indonesia, the old Maoists, the nationalists, the Listian-left and new left
> in China, just to name a few.

Let me know of any websites/publications for the above. The JCP's site, incidentally, indulges in some extremely orthodox hysteria over Japan's budget deficit.

-- Dennis