the left press

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Jan 13 08:47:54 PST 2001

The January issue of the Progressive has an interview with Marge Piercy. In the intro, she's quoted as saying "I was such a grrrl." The Progressive helpfully glosses this with a parenthetical definition, compounded with a definition inside the definition. "(Grrrl is a term used by young, activist women who express their humor, rage, and sexuality through bands, films, and zines - nonglossy, underground self-publications.)" My god, that's worse than the NY Times!

Doug