calories

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 14 20:30:31 PST 2001

You left Princeton off your list of the sources of jerks and dolts. As a Tigertown grad, I take exception. People should realize that the Ivies were originaly finishing schools for the nation's elite, not mainly intellectual powerhouses. To a good extent, they still are. A good many of the kids in them are "legacies"--a child of a Princeton grad has a 40% chance of admission, more than 5X the likelihood of an applicant without that advantage. A lot of these people are rich dummies. There is a sprinkling of really brilliant students--three of my friends there got McArthur grants, no, five, now that UI think about it--but a lot of the students are just connected. --jks