On the Defense of Parasitic Finance

Tue Jan 16 06:50:32 PST 2001

Would you say the concentration of production; the monopolies arising therefrom; the merging or coalescence of the banks with industry such is the history of the rise of finance capital and such is the content of that concept ?

>>> sawicky at epinet.org 01/12/01 04:09PM >>>
I wouldn't try to make such a distinction in a comprehensive fashion for analytical purposes.

I would name financial persons for propaganda purposes. It's the apparatus and what it does that matters. One could also name those, manufacturing or financial types, who deserve credit for some kind of good, if exceptional and uncharacteristic, behavior.

mbs