Chomsky on Deacon

Dennis Perrin/Nancy Bauer bauerperrin at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 15 18:01:17 PST 2001

>And speaking of relations of contiguity, please, Dennis, a request on
>electronic ones. Now that we know Chomsky's opinion of Deacon, I hope you
>don't think it necessary to solicit another email on the matter. Based on
>the last one it's probably counterproductive.
>
>Besides, have pity: it already a bit humiliating that the only time I've
>registered as a blip on the guy's radar is as reminder of views beneath
>his contempt!
>
>Maureen

I have no intention of sending your response to Chomsky, so don't worry. Besides, you have no reason to feel humiliated; I think you argue your points well, certainly better and more intelligently than m malak (with whom I once confused you, apologies). As I said in an earlier post, I'm fairly lost in the linguistic maze, and read each argument hoping to learn the basic outline. It's Chomksy's politics that have had a major effect on me, and that's where I hit the ground running.

DP