Leonard Peltier: Put a Close to This Sad Chapter

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 16 16:52:14 PST 2001

BTW, confirmed yesterday with a couple of lpdc activists marching in the MLK, Jr. annual march in San Francisco (I'd say a good 5,000 marchers, very good mix of folks) that Peltier did endorse, Gore. They said it was to close the deal.

Meanwhile, cynic me noticed a dropped leaflet near the library this morning. Uhuru House is gonna host a wine and cheese reception for Pam Africa of MOVE. A wine and cheese reception?! Call Tom Wolfe.

Michael Pugliese, nothing is too good for the working class I know. Hope the cheese is made by some organic dairy farmers. Just remembered an unpleasant interaction with some white Uhuru House cafe workers in Oakland back in '88 when I was a precinct coordinator for Jesse Jackson campaign in the 8*th C.D. Needed change for some payphone calls. They said we don't make change. I said I really need to make some calls to GOTV for Jesse Jackson and tell these old folks w/o cars I'm coming by to pick them up. Got a blast of rhetoric about JJ being a pimp for the Ruling Class.