Fwd: Jazz, again

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Thu Jan 18 15:52:59 PST 2001

haven't read this stuff in a long time, but i seem to recall that cool jazz is considered pretty white so i can see why marsalis feels the way he does. can you dance to it? it ain't black jazz if you cain't. if it don't move yer hips, it ain't jazz!!! damn it. black jazz got subsumed into soul with a big brass section.

kelley (who nonetheless loves buddy rich!)