Jazz

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 19 07:58:46 PST 2001

No, Uday's friend is quite right. If you listen to pop vocals, in fact, jazz vocals of the jazz age and early swing, it is very mannered stuff; Armstrong sounds modern. Bing Crosby learned from Louis how to do it--he was quite explicit about this--and taugfht the white pop singers. Will Friedwald's book on Jazz Vocals is good on this. --jks