Jazz

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Fri Jan 19 14:36:14 PST 2001

> Is it that principled leftists share the
>assumption that music and the arts generally really don't matter very
>much? A reasonable assumption, I suppose, but disappointing in any case.

i suppose you need to make that case that they do. i'm not denying that they do. i however would like someone to make that case that music and the arts do matter to left politics, how they matter precisely and how being the world of art/music manages to get that message out in a way that is less reprehensible than someone who berates their reader for not knowing what hegemony means.