The alleged "Racak Massacre"

Hinrich Kuhls kls at mail.online-club.de
Sun Jan 21 14:22:42 PST 2001

At 21:21 21.01.01 +0000, Chris Burford wrote:

>According to these two critical reports the events at Racak were deaths
>but not mainly of civilians.They are consistent with a view that the KLA
>was fighting with no realistic military objective but to draw NATO into
>the war, by provoking the Serb authorities. The articles also emphasise
>William Walker's history of working in Latin America, including probably
>with contras.
>
>The deaths in Kosovo turned out to be very much less than in Bosnia, by
>even a factor of 100. Nevertheless it is clear that the Serbian federal
>authorities were prepared to allow, if not to promote, mass migration in
>order to prevent the majority population of Kosovo from seceding.
>
>We are unlikely to agree about the main principles to determine what
>should have been done by progressive people, in Kosovo, in Serbia, and in
>the West. But it may be possible to reach some agreement about the
>politics of the war that actually took place.
>
>I hope Hinrich or Johannes are able to come back with any additional
>important feature in the German articles.

As far as I am concerned I will not discuss a "postmortem about the war" (Burford) with a person who did not reject the view of Clinton, Albright, Blair, Cook, Schroeder, and Fischer that the war against Yugoslavia was the only legitimate way to avoid an alleged genocide comparable to the holocaust.

Hinrich Kuhls