Fw: FW: GALE NORTON'S RADICAL LEGAL PHILOSOPHY (Richard Epstein Watch)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jan 22 07:06:03 PST 2001

Michael Pugliese wrote:

>My Mom used to carry around in her purse a
>book published by the Council on Economic Priorities.

An entity that received funding from one of the Rockefeller charities in its early years. And whose sweatshop-auditing operation, Social Accountability International <http://www.sa8000.org/> - which a coalition of Hong Kong NGOs denounced recently as little more than a PR tool of multinationals, because of its sloppy inspections, among other things - just received a $1 million grant from the departing Clinton administration. Gives you an idea of the class content of soulful modes of consumption.

Doug