Null on AIDS

Jim Westrich westrich at miser.umass.edu
Tue Jan 23 09:29:58 PST 2001

There's not much information about AIDS quackery on Quackwatch.com (it focuses on people selling particular products or treatments and not on the ideologies behind them).

http://www.quackwatch.com/index.html

Gary Null is specifically mentioned in the list of "Not Recommended" sites.

Quackwatch has a decidely allopathic focus but it is good at debunking a lot of herbal and chiropractic (http://www.chirobase.org/) stuff. The hate mail that the site generates (and then posts) is the most entertaining bit.

Peace,

Jim

At 11:35 AM 1/23/01, Doug Henwood wrote:
>Dunno where it came from, but it's sustained by people who are deeply
>suspicious of mainstream science, but who credulously swallow any line
>coming out of a quack. The Gary Null site is full of photos of him - and
>his oily voice seduces listeners with its comforting tales of triumphing
>over "incuarable" illnesses (you only hear from survivors, never the ones
>who died), and his own wisdom and selflessness.

"My World--that is, Our World--is full of phenomena that you can only invent and indeed are allowed to invent because they really exist. They are in themselves already a grotesque reassembly of the antiquated notion of reality that only their remix can give us an impression or an idea of sense versus nonsense, of reason versus madness, of harmony versus the strange alliances of nagging, of salvation versus the irrational reflexes induced by the wish for destruction."

--Robert Menasse (aka Count Basic) [translation mine]