Doug Henwood(AIDS and Skeptic Magazine)

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 23 21:26:42 PST 2001

Matt>Doug:

There is a book out on AIDS--a popular book--which claims that HIV doesn't cause AIDS. It's titled :"Rethinking the AIDS Virus". You can find it over at Amazon.com. I think the author is Peter Duesberg--I'm not sure.

Maybe Matt was thinkinking of this book? My Mom gave it to me after the author appeared on the Tony Brown show. From Chip Berlet's new book though, I see that Tony Brown in his more recent books sourced LaRoucheite junk. The book below, though, looked like a credible book, to me. Read a chapter or so, said, jeesh I wasn't a biology major, so I put it aside.

Rethinking AIDS: The Tragic Cost of Premature Consensus Robert Scott Root-Bernstein, published by the Free Press, no fringe publishers they.

Duesberg, who was heavily pushed by the New York Native, a gay paper in NYC, has a book called_Inventing The AIDS Virus_. Published by Regnery. Not a god sign. Regnery is a long established right-wing press. Their most notorious production of late was the book by the ex-FBI agent, Gary Aldrich alleging that Hillary Clinton put pornographic ornaments on the XMAS tree in '92.

Final note. A co-worker, who frequently wears a, "HIV Is A Myth, " t-shirt, when engaged on the subject throws out a jumble of paranoia and quackery. She was getting nowhere with any of us, one person complained to mgmnt. who has had many friends die over the yrs. Now she sticks to her other topics, a blend of the New Age and heath quackery. Oh, and she handed me the book by Cathy O'Brien_Trance Formation Over America_The one that David Icke touts that alleges Henry K., ex-Prez Bush, Bob Hope and Queen E(lizzy)beth II, are Satanic shapeshifting Paedophilic Reptiles from Outer Space. This was supposed to prove the existence of child sex abuse rings in high places. Oh, and the reason JFK had Marilyn Monroe killed was Marilyn was gonna spill the beans on Roswell, New Mexico and the secret military projects the Pentagon was stealing from the captured UFO's.

Michael Pugliese, in the FunHouse