Null on AIDS

Christopher B. Hajib-Niles cniles at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 24 02:14:11 PST 2001

> This is not entirely a bad thing; medical science can be
> wrong.

And when it really matters, it very frequently is. Often times, the only difference between a quack and a doctor is that the quack practices unscientific medical idiociy without a licensce while a doctor promotes unscientific medical idiocy with a licensce.

> I attribute the success of Gary Null to the overall
> authoritarianism which still permeates most human societies. The Null set are among those who have become disenchanted with
> one group of authoritarians, but seek comfort with another,
> which is depressing but not surprising.

Well, sure, that's part of it. Personally, I find Gary Null to be arrogant, impatient, preachy and oily. I also think he is very smart and clearly knows his field. That's also part of the reason he is so popular. Give folks a little credit. The people who are looking for a comforting authoritarian fix are frequently the same folks who are pretty good at figuring out when a person is worth listening to. Life is complicated.

Chris