AIDS

Christopher B. Hajib-Niles cniles at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 24 09:22:13 PST 2001

Brad,

I can't challenge you on your argument that there is no qualitative difference between the low-priced drugs anti-viral drugs and the high-priced ones. But there are still the larger question that beg an answer. Are Africans more sexually active and or uncareful? Why is it that clean-living, middle class Africans--to use Patrick's phrase--falling to "AIDS" and not clean-living, middle-class Europeans and "white" Americans? Why haven't "progressives" fought for heavy funding for nutritional strategies to attack the "AIDS" crisis as hard as they have fought for the drugs? Why is it that it is ok to declare Africans as "HIV positive" without testing them when that would not fly for one second in the West? Without testing someone for the HIV virus, how can you distingusigh an AIDS death from that of another disease when the only thing that clearly distinguishes an AIDS death from death by another disease is that a person who dies from AIDS is allegedly HIV positive?

Chris