The truth about the aids panic

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Jan 24 09:24:28 PST 2001

>I don't believe that the Duesberg position is supported by the evidence,
>however, there is a good reason why AIDS scepticism persistently
>reoccurs that arises from the official position.
>
>Out of political rather than epidemiological reasoning, health
>authorities persistently sought to persuade the public that the threat
>of AIDS was uniform, and downplay the evidence that some groups of
>people were more at risk than others...

Every health authority I ever heard said that AIDS was transmitted by the exchange of bodily fluids, and that those most at risk were homosexuals, needle-sharing drug users, and heterosexuals suffering from some other venereal disease.

Who ever said that the threat of AIDS was "uniform"?

Brad DeLong