War Is Our Mother! (rough translation)

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 1 08:12:09 PST 2001

Joanna is obviously a serious student of the pre-Socratics. I am not; I haven't properly studied them in 20 years, and I don't even boast more than a superficial acquaintaince with ancient philosophy generally. I did a junior paper on Aristotle's ethics in college (in 1978!) with Michael Frede--hey, why not the best?; had classes on Ari and Plato back then; afterwards, I taught the Republic and the Nicomachean Ethics a couple of times to into students, but that's it. So don't listen to me; I just have a few half-remembered bits of misinformation. --jks .>