Peltier question

Stannard67 at aol.com Stannard67 at aol.com
Mon Jan 1 11:56:14 PST 2001

Granted this is not an extremely powerful argument, but I would appreciate it if someone more into the case than myself could respond to these arguments from the "no parole for peltier" website.

On the issue of illeigal extradition from Canada, the site responds:

"After that material was reviewed, the NPPA wondered about the arguments made by the LPDC. The LPDC claimed the FBI fabricated those (three) affidavits from a coerced witness. If the FBI did not believe her (and her story that obviously got better each time she was interviewed), and if they were hell-bent on getting Peltier out of Canada no matter what, why, then, THREE (3) affidavits? If that was the case - if the FBI conspiracy was that thick - there would have been only ONE affidavit. Is this concept that difficult to understand? The LPDC and Peltier supporters constantly yell about conspiracy and cover-up. Well, if there was one on the Poor Bear matter, then no one would have known about any other affidavits.

"In a final review of the extradition of Peltier from Canada, Minister of Justice, Anne McLellan, in an October 12, 1999 letter to U.S. Attorney General, Janet Reno, states, "In short, after reviewing this matter, I have concluded that Mr. Peltier was LAWFULLY EXTRADITED to the United States." "

Thanks in advance, stannard