a healthy and lucid disgust

Joanna Sheldon cjs10 at cornell.edu
Wed Jan 24 15:27:26 PST 2001

Doug,

Just happened on this thread this morning...

Though it is possible that technology and internationalisation might in some ways and eventually be put to good uses, at the moment they're fucking most folks sideways. That those of us who have the mother wit to point out the obvious -- that agribusiness is ruining our food and corporatisation in general our communities -- should be accused of sentimentality by someone who calls himself a leftist is nothing short of laughable.

As is the supporting idea that Empire offers the best "potential for liberation". Small wonder that you should be thought guilty of making an appeal to authority, here! What is Empire to us that we should clothe its naked body?

Joanna

www.overlookhouse.com