conservative economics

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed Jan 24 16:21:07 PST 2001

well, it was standard in my undergrad training in economics to receive a lesson in public goods and positive/negative externalities. lighthouse, roads, pollution.... yes.

so, what on earth is behind the claim these days that there shouldn't even be a government to build roads, et c-- those things we think of as public goods?

did some well known paleocon get on a rave and rant about how even these things that poor ole maligned adam smith thought were na function of government, aren't.

kelley