the wages of ???

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Thu Jan 25 21:10:34 PST 2001

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Tony B. wrote:

> How about poor Christine Deviers-Joncour. The woman was paid
> $9.25 million dollars by oil company Elf Aquitaine. And now
> she is being forced to explain to a court why her services
> were so valuable.

What I want to know is why she refused implicate her boyfriend Dumas for 9 months, even though she was in jail, and then decided not only to cooperate, but to write a book entitled_ Whore of the State_. That's quite a change of mind. Did they have a falling out? Was he making plausibly scary threats and she took time to get up the courage? Gossiping minds want to know.

Michael