Progressive Empire (NATO: A Global KKK?)

Daniel Davies d_squared_2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 26 00:20:00 PST 2001

--- Doug wrote

> >Look, the point is that simple racialized analyses
> of imperialism
> >don't work anymore. Two of the top administrators
> of the Empire are
> >now black. Neither is a marginal figure, and one
> was the military
> >leader of the Gulf War. More broadly, the senior
> staff of the IMF and
> >World Bank are extremely integrated - as are many
> trading floors.
> >Moreso than lots of left organizations, in fact.

I tend toward the view that the success of Colin Powell is an incredibly positive thing for race in America. When a talented or gifted black person gets a top job, that's fairly meaningless; talented people always do well. But when an ass-kissing mediocrity like Powell gets a shake at the top jobs along with all the white ass-kissing mediocrities, then that's real equality.

dd

===== “It is necessarily part of the business of a banker to maintain appearances and to profess a conventional respectability which is more than human. Life-long practices of this kind make them the most romantic and the least realistic of men” -- JM Keynes