conservative economics

Fri Jan 26 12:57:25 PST 2001

>>> kwalker2 at gte.net 01/24/01 07:21PM >>>
well, it was standard in my undergrad training in economics to receive a lesson in public goods and positive/negative externalities. lighthouse, roads, pollution.... yes.

so, what on earth is behind the claim these days that there shouldn't even be a government to build roads, et c-- those things we think of as public goods?

did some well known paleocon get on a rave and rant about how even these things that poor ole maligned adam smith thought were na function of government, aren't.

CB: Government has huge revenue streams from taxes. All the monied interests care about is money, They must have more and more of it. You know the story on that. So, they don't actually have to claim we don't need government type services. They ignore that and go for the revenue streams, don't they ?