former Teamster "boss" Carey indicted

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 29 16:04:48 PST 2001

Doug, please. The old Teamsters were run by the mob. So are the Laborers. Carey's Teamsters were not, except in locals where the old guard was entrenchedl. He _did_ break the law, but it wasn't very awful as these things go--it didn't touch what Milken did, for example, whom you have been defending--and therwe is no doubt that if Carey hadn't won the UPS strike, he would not have been a target. --jks