financiers

Patrick Bond pbond at wn.apc.org
Tue Jan 30 03:36:47 PST 2001

> Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 13:11:34 -0500
> From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
> >Do I hear the distinction between 'bad' speculative capitalists and 'good'
> >productive capitalists?
> Leave it to an industrialist to try to make it.

Ah, you tease.

Still and all, there remains a good argument--beyond even such (personalistic) empirical observations as Miller/Volcker or RubinSummers/O'Neill--for contemplating financial CIRCUITS (not fractions) of M-M' in contrast to C-M-C'-M' (as I think we debated some weeks ago?). Doug, don't you have the Kees van der Pijl book, The Making of an Atlantic Ruling Class (Verso, 1984), to check the appendix on this matter? You can come along in this direction, you know, without the Poulantzian baggage...