Union Democracy [was: former Teamster "boss" Carey indicted]

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 30 12:04:13 PST 2001

Justin, not Jason. I accept the criticism, and that is what I meant by saying that I accepted the TDU critique of Carey. Still, and still. It's not as awful, even for the union movement, to betray union democracy in the way Carey did as in the ways that Jackie Presser did. Would you rather have your money misappropriated for what the leadership sincerely believes, wrongly or not, is actually in your interest, or have your kneecaps broken because you objected to the way that the leadership stole your money for its personal profit, and who gives a fuck about your interests? AT least Carey you could talk to. --jks