media/labor

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 30 16:54:56 PST 2001

I am a charter subscriber to Labor Notes, or near enough. Yeah, I mean the AFL or some such subset of powerhouse unions, something that has the financial clout to actually run major media. The British Labour Party used to have a paper of its own. or near enough, until Maxwell ate it. It's a rhetorical question, but maybe not quite; at least thinking about why big labor doesn't try tells you somethingn about big labor as well as about the structure of the media. --jks