Neoliberal Zaps (was Re: a healthy and lucid disgust)

John Gulick jlgulick at sfo.com
Tue Jan 30 23:14:36 PST 2001

Patrick Bond sez:

>Doug, a few years ago I sent you their mild-mannered
>Keynesian-sounding national economic recovery proposals (I've lost
>them). Look back and tell me that these proposals--no matter how
>wishywashy they might appear to us super-rads--were somehow devoid of
>a redistributive line ...

I sez:

That reminds me, when that neo-foco movement (the acronym escapes me) made its appearance a few years back by stealing arms from military garrisons in Guerrero and elsewhere, I recall that their main revolutionary demand was something similarly Keynesian-sounding, calling for an end to austerity-deepening privatizations and high interest rates ...

John Gulick