.moon

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jul 4 08:58:10 PDT 2001

Press release of IQ US. Incorporated, USA

dot moon - IQ US.Incorporated applies to ICANN for an Internet-country-code for the moon.

Contact: Public Relation Center in the UK ( for the USA, Canada and Europe ) fon ++44 /0/ 7092 - 249 313 fax ++44 /0/ 7092 - 249 319

Email : public.relations at domainU2.com web - adresses : www.domainU2.com www.domainU2.net www.domainU2.co.uk Reg. Agent. 3533 Fairview Industrial Drive SE, Salem, OR 97302-1155

The CEO of IQ US. Incorporated publishes the following press release.

Salem, OR 04/07/2001 dot moon - IQ US.Incorporated applies to ICANN for an internet-country-code for the moon.

On Independence Day 2001 the US-American Company IQ US.Incorporated - provider for internet domains - applied to ICANN for a country-code for the moon.

Internet-country-code is the typical suffix i.e. .uk(GB), .de(Germany) or .ca(Canada) , to be added to a web-adress. It shows where the provider comes from. A different category of suffix(es) are the ones , which have nothing to do with countries. They are unique, like .com, .net,or .biz.

Any user worldwide can apply for those ones!

Now IQ US. Incorporated applied for such an Internet-code for the moon.

Exept from the application to ICANN , IQ US. Incorporated made another application to so called ISO 3166 Maintenance Agency (ISO 3166/MA) in Berlin, Germany, for an internet Alpha 2 code elements.

The listing of Maintenance Agency determines, if a country is in position on getting an internet-country-code or not.

A new country-code is only accepted by MA in case the country is definitely listed. " IQ US. Incorporated doesn´t accept ICANN as an institution which regulates and controls the internet in a restricted way concerning domain policy and which lacks of complete democratic legitimation. Nevertheless we had to apply to ICANN. But we do not at all subdue ourselves to this almighty organisation and we are going to offer new worldwide usable domain suffixes during the coming weeks" said CEO Oliver J. Burns and put stress in it.

But the moon has never been listed by now!

To give the moon an internet-code, it is obligatory that MA has to enlist and to register the moon.

To be enlisted requires certain conditions, for example constant changing interaction in the relationship between the moon and other regions, like flow of goods or exchange of electronic information.

"In our application we verified profoundly, that these conditions are fulfilled on basic of the actual space-law . According to our estimation, concerning the judical facts, MA must accept the application and must enlist the moon in the ISO 3166/1 listing" declares CEO Burns.

"Moon Treaty of 1984, initiated by United Nations, gave us the basis on which we formulated our application.

"We don´t even know if the internet-country-code, as usual by now, will consist of two letters, like .ca for Canada, or if it possibly will bear the complete name of the planet (.lunar).

Anyway, this will exclusively be determined by the Maintenance Agenc y team" "One will certainly reason, why we do apply for a moon-code. There will be numerous projects that are going to use the outer space and explicit the moon for any touristic purpose within the coming 10 to 20 years. Another field will be planned usage of resources of the moon. This means in future, not far from today, human beings will live and work on the moon.

Constant flowing transfer of information between moon and earth will take place. It seems to me, as if internet were even created for that! Let me say, that the internet-country-code is the logic consequence."

Far more important for the application are rather some ideal reasons.

"Giving the moon a country-code is a message to the entire mankind, at the beginning of the new millennium, that we start to settle down on the moon and to use this planet more than ever." explained CEO Burns.

Because of this IQ US. Inc. initialises the foundation of a Non-Profit-Corporation in Washington D.C. The purpose of which is the support of the peaceful usage of the moon for the future benefit of the entire mankind. This corporation will exert the management on the domain.

At the same time with the application to ICANN and to MA, as well US.President George W. Bush and Russian President Wladimir Putin, both leaders of the two space nations , were informed about the project.

In addition we will look for Celebrities worldwide, of showbiz, policy and sports as supporters and speakers for the project. As well we have already spoken with Hollywood-Tycoons about a cooperation.

The end of press release

Attached Some information about the company and the CEO.

Name : IQ US. Incorporated

Contraction : IQ (ai-kju) the;= intelligence quotient ; US. USA Foundation and Location : Jurisdiction OR. IQ US. Incorporated was founded in the State of Oregon, West Coast (USA) in September 2000 . Address : Registered Agent 3533 Fairview Industrial Drive SE, Salem , OR 97302, USA Administrative Contact / Press Center The Glassmill, 1 Battersea Bridge Road, London SW11 3BZ, Great Britain (GB) .

Legal Structure of the Company : Corporation subject US. Company Law based on the Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS) . The number of authorised shares is 20,000,000 ordinary shares.

Web addresses : www.domainu2.net www.domainu2.com www.domainu2.co.uk www.domainu2.de .

Sphere of Operations : Registration of international domains ( country as well as fun & lifestyledomains ). The Companies Philosophy : Our company is not part of New Economy ! New Economy was a kind of running a business on base of burning money that belongs to people who provided venture capital and share holders. This is what we definitely deny ! We do not burn money ! We are a young company. Because of that we handle money in a careful and useful way. The cost / benefit has to develop in a balanced way.

Our CEO Oliver J. Burns : He is main initiator of the business idea ( developed on the beach of Santa Monica, LA ) and co - founder of IQ US. Incorporated. He studied Economics and Laws and lives in London where he runs our European subsidary. His special know how and his experience is an asset for IQ US. Incorporated . He has been CEO since Sept. 2000 .