Christian love

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Fri Jul 6 06:21:29 PDT 2001

> Actually, I read what you wrote, I am calling it a form of
> bigotry. You can use the same analytical model to look at
> almost every longstanding institution in Western culture.
> You use it primarily to trash Christianity. Thus your
> bigotry is in your choice of focus.

> -Chip Berlet

I haven't really followed this thread, but am I to believe that Chip is equating the trashing of Christianity with bigotry? If so, what is his reasoning? To my knowledge, Christianity is a philosophy, a form of faith. It is not a skin color, an ethnicity, a "race" if you will. Rightwing Christers have for years tried to make this equation so they can bash queers and other undesirables from a supposedly "safe" place. Fire back and you are a bigot. Is this what Chip is proposing here?

DP