"American Nationalism,"

jean-christophe helary helary at niji.or.jp
Fri Jul 6 07:39:57 PDT 2001

<Yoshie Furuhashi>-----
> military, or whatever). This list has discussed lawsuits against
> Pinochet, etc., which I think may be seen as examples of once
> uniquely American litigiousness becoming a global phenomenon. Here's
> an interesting article that gives you a glimpse of an emerging trend:
> "U.S. Courts Become Arbiters Of Global Rights and Wrongs."

-----</Yoshie Furuhashi>

maybe one sees this trend in the us mostly because lawsuits are common practices there. but the 'global' trend seems to me to be more a focus on human rights 'without a border' (that is courts recognizing that human rights have some kind of priority over state sovereignty) than on litigation (for the sake of litigation).

jc helary