Christian love

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Jul 6 08:35:04 PDT 2001

At 11:05 AM 7/6/01 -0400, Christopher wrote:
>Perhaps Christianity is even deeper difficulty than we realized if Chip feels
>compelled to defend it even against analytic description.

Christianity is not a coherent doctrine, but a rather loose collection of beliefs and practices, many of them mutually contradictory. We thus need to make sure that we talk about the US version of it - which is but another nasty identity/celebrity cult, one of many such cults (including leftish ones) that proliferate in this barbaric hellhole.

In other countries (cf. liberation theology in Latin America), christianity played a more positive social role.

wojtek