NEW DEM DAILY: A New Economy Labor Movement

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Jul 6 14:37:58 PDT 2001

Doug>...[Today's bulletin from the Satan-worshippers at the DLC. I didn't know SDUSA was still around - didn't they go the way of the USSR? Anyone know anything about all this?]

A few weeks ago, I kibbitzed with Ron Radosh via e-mail. <rradosh at us.net> My lead off question was about SDUSA. He said, they were defunct as far as he knew. And being he is on the National Advisory Board (like old New Left historians, Martin Sklar and Louis Menashe, William Julius Wilson, used to be), he should know. Anyone want the PIR, Ralph McGehee data dump file on SDUSA, I'll send offlist. Fascinating stuff.

Two other things, I just mentioned to Dave McReynolds, Eric Chester has a new book from MR Press on the LBJ intervention in the Dominican Republic. Should have lotsa stuff on the characters that formed SDUSA in '73.

And Radosh, has yet another new book. Spain Betrayed: The Soviet Union in the Spanish Civil War Ronald Radosh (Editor) Grigory Sevostianov (Editor) Mary R. Habeck (Editor) http://www.yale.edu/yup/ http://www.yale.edu/yup/books/089813.htm

www.sdusa.org probably Michael Pugliese