Christian love

Lawrence lawrence at krubner.com
Sat Jul 7 20:31:28 PDT 2001

I say, schooling should be mandatory from the age of 5, work (when not in school) from the age of 10. <<<<<

Work isn't mandatory for adults so why should it be mandatory for children? Most of us take some time off, why shouldn't kids take off most of their childhood? (I took off most of 1995 to try and write a novel.) Even in this day and age I know at least woman who has never worked; after college she lived with her folks awhile, then traveled in Europe, then got married. She is an artist and she does scuplture, I think she's sold a few pieces but she could hardly live on what she made. People from "old rich" families often don't work, some go their whole lives without working, why shouldn't we treat our children as if they are rich? Anyway, isn't this a decision best left to parents? Does society have to have an opinion on this one?