Moore: dot.com types = black bloc

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Sat Jul 7 21:50:42 PDT 2001

"Peter K." wrote:

> So, the head of the WTO believes that
> the black bloc wants "more transparency" and that there is
> a large number of "anti-globalization dot.com-types" who
> regularly trot out subpar slogans. Hmmm, maybe the recent
> protests in Sweden and the impending Genoa debacle have
> him rattled.

Poor Mike Moore has really lost it. He's probably just upset because he couldn't find Qater on the map.

The black bloc, which isn't an NGO or organization, is not interested in more transparency. From what I've gathered, folks that practice the black bloc tactic are interested in simply getting rid of capitalism, which the WTO is just part of. The black bloc is undecided on what we are going to do to cheer poor Mr. Moore up.

<< Chuck0 >>

Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

INTERNATIONALISM IN PRACTICE

An American soldier in a hospital explained how he was wounded: He said, "I was told that the way to tell a hostile Vietnamese from a friendly Vietnamese was to shout ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ If he shoots, he’s unfriendly. So I saw this dude and yelled ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ and he yelled back, ‘To hell with President Johnson!’ We were shaking hands when a truck hit us."

(from 1,001 Ways to Beat the Draft, by Tuli Kupferburg).