Marx and Keynes would go

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Sun Jul 8 19:28:50 PDT 2001

C H A O S A N D C O M P L E X I T Y F A N S ! !

Interested in the state-of-the-art applications of chaos and complexity theory to human systems? How about coming to the 11th Annual Conference of the Society for Chaos Theory in Psychology and Life Sciences, to be held in Madison, Wisconsin on Aug 3-6, 2001?

Our key note speakers will be: J. BARKLEY ROSSER, Professor of Economics and the Kirby L. Kramer Jr. Professor at James Madison University, discussing "The Complexities of Complex Economic Systems" STEPHEN GUASTELLO, Professor at Marquette University and one of the earliest members of the Society, Editor of our journal Nonlinear Dynamics, Psychology, & Life Sciences,and a leading expert on catastrophe theory. He will be discussing "20 years of Nonlinear Dynamics in Organizations" CLINT SPROTT, Physics Professor at University of Wisconsin-Madison, author of the "Chaos Data Analyzer" software, and an expert at visualization of complex systems. He will be discussing "Can a Monkey with a Computer Create Art?"

General information about the conference can be found at: http://www.societyforchaostheory.org/conferences.html

The complete conference program can be found at: http://www.societyforchaostheory.org/SCTPLSprogram2001.pdf

Registration forms are at: http://www.societyforchaostheory.org/reg2001.html

And information about lodging at: http://www.societyforchaostheory.org/hojo.html

August 2 (Thursday) Early arrival day. August 3 (Friday) Registration, Dynamics for Dummies Workshop (Fred Abraham), and

Opening Ceremonies with Guest Speaker J. Barkley Rosser August 4 (Saturday) Conference Day 1, Banquet with Guest Speaker Stephen Guastello August 5 (Sunday) Conference Day 2 August 6 (Monday) Business Meeting (morning), An Introduction to Complexity Science for Organizational Researchers Workshop (Kevin Dooley), Nonlinear Perspectives on Rhythm, Chaos, and Control in Human Biology:A Discussion of Theories and Methods Workshop (Robert Porter, Franco Orsucci, Dick Bird, Susan Mirow) August 7 (Tuesday) Departure day

.............................. Kevin Dooley Arizona State University Dept. of Industrial Engineering Dept. of Management Kevin.Dooley at asu.edu <http://www.eas.asu.edu/~kdooley/> .............................. President, <http://www.societyforchaostheory.org/> ..............................