Rock groups and business ethics

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 20:51:15 PDT 2001

A good example of how stupid Workforce Online usually is, there is this article which states:

"When President Bush abandoned a plan to regulate industrial output of carbon dioxide, he was criticized by leaders of DuPont and Alcoa. These guys aren't running around in tie-dyes.

"Several years ago, large corporations looked at global warming and felt it had no effect on them," says Mark Lowenthal, program advocate for Ecopledge. "Now, there's more long-term thinking at the corporate level. Corporations are beginning to moderate their policies."

Smart ones are. And they're not ramming environmental causes into the back room, separate from the business. I left a message with Patagonia a couple of weeks ago, saying I'd like to talk about the environment. Who returned my call? Their VP of finance.

Patagonia, which racks up nearly a quarter billion in annual sales of high-end outdoor clothes, knows that rock groups aren't writing songs about sweatshops. They're not writing about ergonomics.

They're writing about the environment, the apartheid of a new generation."

Full story is at: http://www.workforce.com/feature/00/07/71/

ooooooooo Kevin Dean Buffalo, NY ***Visit http://www.yaysoft.com for the latest in computers, politics and strange off-the-wall news and discussions!*** ICQ # 8616001 ooooo