Funky names

Chris Doss chrisd at russiajournal.com
Wed Jul 11 10:31:09 PDT 2001

A friend of mine in high school was named Trout Fishing In America Rogers.

Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:46:16 -0400 From: Archer.Todd at ic.gc.ca Subject: Michsel Pugliese's Fw: Fw:Re: Mommy, what's an intellectual?

>Just the other
> night, she was telling me about someone she knows
> whose parents named her the chinese equivalent of
> Love The Peoples Army! She wasn't joking! I mean you
> have to be on the level of fanaticism of well...

At least that was "legitimate". How about the fanaticism brought on by certain capitalistic bodies which encourages parents with the last name of "White" to name daughters "Snow", or those poor unfortunates whose parents, ahem, "overindulged" in the Sixties and ended up naming the poor kid something like "Moon Glow" (although this last might be the equivalent of an urban legend; nobody is THAT nuts, right?).