Euro-fear

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema crdbronx at erols.com
Wed Jul 11 18:21:26 PDT 2001

I remember being in France in 1958, when they were changing over from the Old Franc to the New Franc. I believe de Gaulle's government had stabilized the currency so that it wouldn't constantly inflate. The Old Franc, by then had become so inflated that even small purchases amounted to huge numbers of Francs. Prices appeared in groceries, for example, in both the old and the new. So anybody over fifty ought to find this easy.

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema