zionism

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Jul 12 11:10:52 PDT 2001

>I am surprised by the unanimity about Zionism. I am accustomed to seeing
>"progressive" defenders of Zionism cropping up in the most unexpected
>places.

Or at least some attacks on Arafat for choosing low-level war with Sharon over half-a-loaf with Barak...

Or someone pointing out that somehow Egyptian and Saudi claims that "peace is unattainable without Palestinian sovereignty over East Jerusalem, a guaranteed right of return for Palestinian refugees, and the creation of a Palestinian state" never mention the desirability of a guaranteed right of return for the descendants of the pre-WWII Jewish communities of Damascus and Baghdad...

Brad DeLong -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20010712/6b22e667/attachment.htm>