zionism

Forstater, Mathew ForstaterM at umkc.edu
Thu Jul 12 11:47:18 PDT 2001

where are the descendents of pre-WWII Jewish communities of Baghdad and Damascus clamoring for the right of return? (and of course, Israel would not favor such a policy, as it has done some pretty amazing things to promote 'return' to Israel.)

From: Brad DeLong [mailto:delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU] Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 1:11 PM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: zionism

I am surprised by the unanimity about Zionism. I am accustomed to seeing "progressive" defenders of Zionism cropping up in the most unexpected

places.

Or at least some attacks on Arafat for choosing low-level war with Sharon over half-a-loaf with Barak...

Or someone pointing out that somehow Egyptian and Saudi claims that "peace is unattainable without Palestinian sovereignty over East Jerusalem, a guaranteed right of return for Palestinian refugees, and the creation of a Palestinian state" never mention the desirability of a guaranteed right of return for the descendants of the pre-WWII Jewish communities of Damascus and Baghdad...

Brad DeLong