zionism

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Thu Jul 12 15:48:15 PDT 2001

. . . Let's also be careful about the flavor of Israeli nationalism: it is not originally based on the Jewish posession of land it is based on the jewish claim to a certain land...given by the Bible to those that have a certain blood running through their veins. . . .

mbs: *Originally,* zionism was not Israel-centric. There was some prospect of the Jews settling in Uganda, Madagascar, or South America. The Israel focus developed more ex post than ex ante. If the U.S., say, had offered the Jews the state of Colorado, I daresay I'd be wearing a cowboy hat now.

mbs