RES: zionism

Alexandre Fenelon afenelon at zaz.com.br
Thu Jul 12 16:28:00 PDT 2001

- We're not talking about "justice" here. Justice requires that Palestinians be able to return to Jaffa. Justice requires that Iraqi Jews be able to return to Baghdad. Justice requires that the Palestinian Authority, the Saudi Kingdom, and the Egyptian state transform themselves into democracies. Justice requires that non-Jewish Russians cease to be anti-semitic, and that dry bones of the six million Jews killed by Europeans half a century ago come to life again.

We're talking about peace--a very different thing than justice. And to shut out peace on the grounds that it isn't justice is to guarantee that you will get neither.

Brad DeLong

-But do you think the "bantustan" like status offered by Barak to -Arafat was acceptable by Palestinians? From what I know from the -deal the Palestinians were offered a half state withouth Army, -with Israeli sovereignty over water sources and Jewish settlements, -and withouth the right to return for Palestinian refugees. Why -are you surprised by the fact that Palestinian people (not Arafat) -rejected the deal?

Alexandre Fenelon