zionism

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 13 15:56:04 PDT 2001

Unfortunately the pragmatism has been all on the Palestinian side. They--the PLO, and most ordinary Palestinians--have abandoned their claims to the land within the green line. They have reconciled themselves to having a second class state that lacks true sovereignty. Now it i time for the Israelis to do the pragmatic thing, and pull entirely out of the West Bank and Gaza, taking the settlements out when they go. There is absolutely no chance that they will do this. The pressure is rather the reverse. Sharon is for the moment a moderating force, holding out for merely the usual iron fist policies. Things look very grim.

--jks