zionism

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Fri Jul 13 19:00:05 PDT 2001

By that definition, settlers are a minority of the Israeli/jewish/zionist population.

You could condemn the non-settlers for failing to restrain the settlers, or for the sake of completeness you could condemn the working class for failing to overthrow capitalism.

mbs

"Settlers," refers to those who have settled (more or less as described) on the West Bank _knowing_ that agreements prohibited this. Nearly twenty years ago in a forum on Israel, a defender of Israel (who argued much along your lines) declared heatedly that he was sure the Israeli government would stop further settlements there. On that basis we were to moderate our condemnation of the invasion of Lebanon!

Carrol