comment on Zionism discussion

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Jul 14 06:07:50 PDT 2001

At 3:03 AM -0400 7/14/01, teds wrote:
>In my view, discussions of Israel by leftists are in many
>cases tainted by what are clearly apologetics for Israel and Zionism.
>Examples are legion, but two will suffice.

In terms of the number of posts, yes, but in terms of the number of individuals, no. It seems to me that it's only Max, Brad, & Nathan -- clearly a minority -- who are doing the filibustering, with the rest of posters evidently committed to opposing Israel's function as an outpost of the American Empire, in solidarity with Palestinians as victims of settler colonialism & US imperialism.

I'd like to make a motion that we move onto discussion of what we -- especially many of us in the USA -- can do politically to stop US imperialism in the Middle East, changing the balance of power between Israelis and Palestinians; and how we go about it.

Yoshie