John Makin, AEI

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Jul 14 07:51:26 PDT 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Forget the Dow - try the Nasdaq .... one of
> the great bubbles in financial history, now burst. This is much more
> representative of first, the mass psychology, and second, the average
> individual investor's portfolio.

What are we talking about when we speak of "the average individual investor"? Also, how "mass" is that mass"? I guess my questions focus on the relationship between the stock market and the general economy, and either I forget your explanations in _Wall Street_ or they were not by themselves sufficient on this general topic.

Carrol