John McCumber - Time in the Ditch American Philosophy and the McCarthy Era - Di

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 14 21:11:53 PDT 2001

I've read it. It's by a Heidegger scholar, a German prof who is a refugee from philosophy asa a field. It's full of embarassing stories of the sort you can find in No Ivory Tower (Ellen Schrecker), The analysis is a little thin. He hasn't registered the radical origins of logical positivism. He has no materialist analysis. But it's worth reading.

--jks